Thread: Problems with china laser

Problems with china laser

I have a 100 w laser I purchased off ebay that came from china-cnc-zone. I have had it a couple years and it has worked great. Untill Now.
    The problem is that the power setting is changing while its cutting. It has a led display for the power and a series of buttons to change the settings, such as ( +10% , +1%, -10%, - 1% ) and so on.
    If I start it at 15% it will cut for 5 to 10 minutes and then jump to 50 or 80. If I change it back it will eventually jump back up. So I've ruined a few projects.
    Other then that it seams to be working ok . the power seams to correspond with what the power on the display says.

were thinking on it
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

To give an update I figured out the problem , I hope this will help anyone else having this problem.
    The other day I decided to go threw all the wiring for any problems. As I was checking I remembered that the red dot pointer had quit awille back. As I was looking at it I noticed a little wire poking threw the flexible conduit. both the red and black wire were broke about 6" from the head.evidently as the head was moving back and forth the wires would short out, thus messing up the power setting.So for now I simply disconnected the wires from the power supply , and it works fine.
    I will probably pull the wires out of the conduit cause there is some wear on the air tube from the wires rubbing on it. Being close to the head is where most of the movement is on the conduit and its a little tite having two wires and the tube all in the conduit. I've gotten along this far without the red pointer light so I'll probably wont worry about it.

Well done figuring that out, and thanks for the update.
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Blog Entries
    YES! In addition, if you have a auto-Focus on the head, that power will ALSO short out the whole system.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others