Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have the best Garbage Can ever!

I have the best Garbage Can ever!

I have to admit I am way too excited about getting my hands on this garbage can and bucket. I am sure you can guess what I will be using them for.

IMG_0245 copy.jpg

Making beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Making beer?
    I am more of a beer drinker than maker.

These are very much workshop related.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, not a clue.

It must be dust collection related. Almost everything is when it comes to various sized receptacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dixon View Post
    It must be dust collection related. Almost everything is when it comes to various sized receptacles.
    We have a bingo. Garbage Can is for under the cyclone: clear so I can see when it is full - super low tech, but hard to beat. The bucket is for the clean out of the filter. Same idea.

Is it stiff enough to withstand the suction? Report back after trying it out please.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I’d be curious if it’s strong enough not to implode under auction as well. What kind of cyclone do you have?

I bought a 5 gallon transparent bucket that I use with a small dust deputy on my miter saw. It allows me to see how full the bucket is. I think I got it at a food supply place. I use it with a small shop vac.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 01-24-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I’d be curious if it’s strong enough not to implode under auction as well. What kind of cyclone do you have?
    My setup is a Super Dust Deputy with 2hp blower. I am out of town for a while starting tomorrow, but once back I will be making a top and test it out. If it does implode my plan is to fashion a hoop (or two) out of metal to add some rigidity.

I don't think the plastic bucket set would work well with the big HP set ups.

If the Dust Deputy and this plastic container will be on the suction side of the 2 hp blower, it will implode, likely as soon as you turn the blower on. I'm using a re-purposed whole house central vacuum unit with my Dust Deputy, and managed to implode a 5 gallon plastic bucket just seconds after starting to use it. I ended up stacking 3 buckets together to triple the bucket wall thickness, and it worked. It was the easiest solution that I could come up with. My collection barrel is now a 20 gallon metal drum. No more worries about implosion.

Charley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post
    If the Dust Deputy and this plastic container will be on the suction side of the 2 hp blower, it will implode, likely as soon as you turn the blower on. I'm using a re-purposed whole house central vacuum unit with my Dust Deputy, and managed to implode a 5 gallon plastic bucket just seconds after starting to use it. I ended up stacking 3 buckets together to triple the bucket wall thickness, and it worked. It was the easiest solution that I could come up with. My collection barrel is now a 20 gallon metal drum. No more worries about implosion.

Charley
    Suction on a central vac system is at least ten times the suction from a dust collection system, no surprise it collapsed.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lent View Post

Charley
    I tend to think not. Before buying I tried it out with a Husky Plastic Brute Garbage Can and it was fine. Using the husky can is a pretty common setup used with this power of set up. (Not my set up below but the same can I used for tests)

Like I said earlier, if the can does collapse in I will ad a hoop or two inside of it to keep to ad see rigidity. I would actually be very happy to see it collapse as that would be great sign for the power of the system.

sdd-reg-customer-example-02.jpg

So I got the system in this weekend. No issues with crushing at all. This clear can is actually much stiffer than the common brute cans.

Will make sure to post about the build soon.

IMG_3028.jpg

Did you get that trash can from the Houston Astros?