Thread: Walnut door prizes

Walnut door prizes

Our church had a men's Beast Feast tonight where they served rabbit, deer, duck, alligator, white perch, elk, and pig. I didn't go but from the looks of the cars my guess is there were 60-70 men in attendance. So I figured some Walnut trivets would be good door prizes and I made three plus a US flag.

001 - Christian Fish, Walnut trivet.jpg

002 - John 14 6 - trivet.jpg

003 - Romans 323 Trivet - Walnut - new cutting profile.jpg

001 - US Flag, Walnut, 5x10.jpg

The trivets are finished with mineral oil and the flag is sprayed with Nitrocellulose lacquer. I used gloss but probably should have used semi-gloss. The flag is about 5" x 10" and the trivets range from about 6" to 7" x 10" to 12".

Enjoy!
    David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Nice work, David
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Very nice and I like the Jesus one the best. I hope that guy who was thinking about a router sees this. That $500 homemade machine would take 3 weeks to do one!
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-23-2020 at 8:07 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Nice work, David
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Very nice and I like the Jesus one the best. I hope that guy who was thinking about a router sees this. That $500 homemade machine would take 3 weeks to do one!
    Thanks, guys! Each one of these took less than 10 minutes to cut. Fusion 360's Adaptive Clearing can seriously hog some material! LOL! I showed these to a friend here and he has a Shark HD that he's not that happy with because of all the flex it has. When I told him these were 10 minutes or less to cut (on the CNC) he just laughed and said his would still be doing the initial pass around the letters and would maybe be 1/8" deep at that point.

Yep, gotta' love horsepower and rigidity!

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Those are very nice and seems like a good way to consume scraps. Thanks for posting