Thread: LN miter plane. Out of production

LN miter plane. Out of production

Used LN miter plane in excellent condition. The plane is no longer in production. No hotdog, box or papers. Price is $500 plus shipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	424282

Name:	IMG_0176.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	424283

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	424332

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	424333

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	424334

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	424335

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	424336
    Last edited by Sanford Imhoff; 01-23-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Can you show us a front-on view of the "right side"? It's hard for me to judge the condition of that side from the perspective shown in the first picture. (The side I am interested in is "face down" in the second picture.) Thanks.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

I added pictures, above. The plane is tapped on both sides for the push knob so it can be used on the left and right side. This is from the factory. Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by Sanford Imhoff; 01-23-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Frederick, Sir Edmund Burke also said, "The municipal corporations of that universal kingdom (the state) are not morally at liberty at their pleasure, and on their speculations of a contingent improvement, wholly to separate and tear asunder the bands of their subordinate community, and to dissolve it into an unsocial, uncivil, unconnected chaos of elementary principles." So while he might have wanted good men to do something, he also wanted "to...avoid the evils of inconstancy and versatility, ten thousand times worse than those of obstinacy and the blindest prejudice..."

In short, he was, after the French Revolution, a man who feared and disdained contemporary activism in favor of letting tradition remain the law of the land for all time.

Now, I'm not getting political here. But anyone who puts the same quote at the end of every single post should be willing to consider the other side of the man quoted.

I post this in all good humor and respect. Please don't take it the wrong way. And I regularly enjoy your woodworking acumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    Frederick, Sir Edmund Burke also said, "The municipal corporations of that universal kingdom (the state) are not morally at liberty at their pleasure, and on their speculations of a contingent improvement, wholly to separate and tear asunder the bands of their subordinate community, and to dissolve it into an unsocial, uncivil, unconnected chaos of elementary principles." So while he might have wanted good men to do something, he also wanted "to...avoid the evils of inconstancy and versatility, ten thousand times worse than those of obstinacy and the blindest prejudice..."

In short, he was, after the French Revolution, a man who feared and disdained contemporary activism in favor of letting tradition remain the law of the land for all time.

Now, I'm not getting political here. But anyone who puts the same quote at the end of every single post should be willing to consider the other side of the man quoted.

I post this in all good humor and respect. Please don't take it the wrong way. And I regularly enjoy your woodworking acumen.
    Thanks Bob. That bears thinking about. Have a good one!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

I am lowering the price on this to $475 plus shipping. This would be lower than I've ever seen them sell for on Ebay. The last one sold for $550 plus shipping.

Plane has been sold. Thanks all.