Thread: Laser engraving drywall?

Laser engraving drywall?

Long shot question here: anyone know if it is possible to laser engrave drywall with a CO2 laser cutter?

Please let me know what you think.

thanks!

took this crumb, which is 1966 vintage in case that matters, from the edge of the basement wall at the bottom of the stairs-
    I engraved it at 100 power, 40 speed, 500 dpi res, with my 40w LS900. It's not very deep, and looks all melted here in the zoomed-in version,
    which I guess it is, but it looks pretty good to the naked eye--

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Pretty cool Kev Just can't figure out why he wants to engrave drywall LOL. Kinda hard putting a 4'x8' sheet in the laser unless he has a really big laser LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

so cool! thanks!

I can't put the whole sheet but I can put a smaller segment and then plaster that into a wall

thanks for you help

Alright, I'll bite. I'm incredibly curious-- what project do you have in mind that involves lasering drywall?
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

I have laser marked the surface paper. it turned a brown colour, no depth, surface mark only..
    Just poked my head in here.. First post in a year, I retired. If anyone i Ontario needs some supplies I have a bunch of stuff
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it