Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bessey Parallel Clamp Grip/Handle Replacements

When I was younger, used to bend pipes, trying to over tighten to make joints fit. Now I try to make the joints fit before glueing. I have a bunch of jorgenson parallel clamps with wood handles, and find them difficult to tighten. Bought a few of the plastic handle later model clamps, they are easier to tighten. Sent a email to jorgenson, and they wanted more for new handles than I paid for the clamps on sale. Menards has the same handles on their F clamps. I have wrapped some rubber stuff on the handles the wife got at Walmart to make the handles work better for me, but the tape comes loose and the rubber comes off occasionally.

Jim, this happens a lot. ONe part costs more than the entire product, thats frustrating.
    I too try to get my joints to fit... but not always successful...
    Its amazing how fast freshly cut or jointed wood MOVES.... drives me nuts.
    It really pays, if possible to, joint, cut, and glue up quickly..... for panels of course.
    many joints, like box, dove tails can use strong rubber band pressure or a single clamp not fully tightened... different joint vs. a long panel glue up where u are trying to conceal joints.

FWIW-Rocklear sells black foam handle covers that slip right on Bessey clamps. Don't attach them with glue as they become pretty stiff.

For dry hands make a fist and blow thru it to moisten palms, about doubles your grip.

Hockey stick tape is ugly but works well.