Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK this is ridiculous. Buy this 10" blade now.

Grabbed one for my new miter saw
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It might be a great blade, but I quit buying thin kerf blades.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Thanks. My SCMS was cutting rough so this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    I would hesitate to it in a table saw because of the hook angle.

Am I wrong in thinking that?
    One blade can not do all those things, you are correct. A tablesaw wants a positive hook angle, but a positive hook angle on a radial arm saw is a disaster waiting to happen for example.

ok, but this blade performed much better than few $100+ full kerf blades on a scms. I don’t use or even like thin kerf blades but this one performs, too bad though I don’t even use it anymore unless i am using it for what it was designed for - construction so I wouldn’t use an 80 tooth blade anyway but if you are trying to achieve a furniture quality cut this blade will get you close

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    It might be a great blade, but I quit buying thin kerf blades.
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 01-22-2020 at 6:39 AM.

Got mine yesterday, a little disappointed to see that they are made in Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    Got mine yesterday, a little disappointed to see that they are made in Thailand.
    Why? If Makita quality control passed it there should be no reason to be disappointed. Were you expecting it to be made in Japan? Surely you weren't expecting it to be made in the US. Not for $22

We live in a global economy and there is quite a lot of quality manufacturing coming out of Thailand. I got mine too and I'm extremely happy with it same as I am with my two 70 tooth blades I already had for my Makita LS1013.
    Last edited by Tom Dixon; 01-24-2020 at 3:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dixon View Post
    Were you expecting it to be made in Japan?

That made me smile. I'm 68 and grew up hearing that as the most derogatory comment one could make.

Buy now at $29.64

Yeah sales like that usually only last a few days.

Looks like a good deal. Be aware of Hook angle. Miter saws and RAS need blades with negative hook angle which pushes the wood down and back into the fence. Table saw blades have a positive hook angle to pull the wood down to the table. Google saw blade hook angle for more info. Using the wrong hook angle adds lots of danger. This is why so many people got into trouble with Radial Arm Saws. Put a positive hook angle on an RAS and it pulls the wood up off the table and into the blade, sometimes with your hand.

So what's the verdict? Use this is a 3 HP table saw or not?

How about some of you guys who snapped this up giving us a progress update after you've run a few hundred feet of wood through it?

A few days ago it hit rock bottom: $22.65. Now it's back "up" to $29.64, which seems to be the price it's hovered around for the past three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vijay Kumar View Post
    Terrific deal. I need a 12 inch though.
    Me too. Darn shame.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I ordered one which is supposed to be delivered today. I specifically remember thinking I was surprised there was free shipping for an under $25 purchase, but did not think twice about it.

Saw the comments in the posts above, and decided to check my order. Well, it says I paid $29 and change, plus tax, with free shipping.

Not sure what happened. I have seen shady things happen on Amazon before. Could be the price changed when I went to the check out screen and I did not notice it. Will not break the bank but I am learning to be cautious when buying from Amazon.

Another example is free shipping that you only get if you notice they are charging shipping, and then go to a different screen, where you have to specifically choose free shipping, although the listing clearly says free shipping. They default to charging you, rather than making free shipping the default, and letting you choose to pay something if you want it sooner. Even though free shipping has arrived the next day in my case...

This is becoming an Amazon rant! Have you ever noticed that if you chose to buy more than one of something, multiple quantities of the same item are sometimes significantly more expensive than buying the same item one at a time?

Anyway, I am sure I will like the blade...
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!