Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK this is ridiculous. Buy this 10" blade now.

OK this is ridiculous. Buy this 10" blade now.

I did this one time before but in the Deals and Discounts thread where it would be missed by many plus it was considerably more expensive than this .

I track this blade on Amazon. I have no affiliation whatsoever. I love it. I own 2 of these and now have a third one on the way that I actually don't need but this is cheaper than having a blade resharpened. (I think).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQOOGI $22.65 Someone has lost their mind.

This is a magnificent thin kerf blade for a chop saw, SCMS, radial arm saw or table saw for cross cutting or thin ripping that is cheaper and better than you will ever find.

Just do it before it goes away.

Terrific deal. I need a 12 inch though.

Made by tenryu I believe

thanks for the heads up..
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Tracking prices

I think most people know, but for those who don't, the camelcamelcamel.com web site will track Amazon prices and send you an email notification when the price drops enough to suit you. To set it up find the item on Amazon, copy the URL for the item and paste it into the box at the top of the camel page and type in your threshold price.

They track prices over time and give you a graph. For the saw blade under discussion:

camelcamelcamel.jpg

Before I buy something I sometimes check their graph to make sure the current price is not way above the "normal" price. If so, I might track the price for a while and buy it when it comes down again.

But if you see a great price, you might want to decide quickly! In 2014 I was tracking a Brown&Sharpe dial test indicator which normally goes for about $250. I got an email saying it dropped to $47 and bought it immediately. Twenty minutes later it was back to the "normal" price. It's a great addition to my little machine shop.

I think Camelcamelcamel.com makes their money from the small click-thru fee they get when you click the "Buy at Amazon" button on their web site.

JKJ

I didn't hesitate for a second. Order placed. I have 2 of the 70 tooth version for my Makita LS1013 that I alternate when I need one sharpened. Having the 80 tooth version at this price is awesome. Maybe I should have bought 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dixon View Post
    I didn't hesitate for a second. Order placed. I have 2 of the 70 tooth version for my Makita LS1013 that I alternate when I need one sharpened. Having the 80 tooth version at this price is awesome. Maybe I should have bought 2...

I did. Thanks for the tip OP

Thanks! I ordered one. I think I can use it on the 10-1/4" circular saw.

I did a ton of testing on a lot of different blades (but not a forrest) for my makita 10” scms and this one was the best of the bunch, I paid $33 in Jan of 2019. I would never use it in a table saw, radial arm saw but for a scms it’s a no brainer for a throw away blade..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    I did this one time before but in the Deals and Discounts thread where it would be missed by many plus it was considerably more expensive than this .

I track this blade on Amazon. I have no affiliation whatsoever. I love it. I own 2 of these and now have a third one on the way that I actually don't need but this is cheaper than having a blade resharpened. (I think).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQOOGI $22.65 Someone has lost their mind.

This is a magnificent thin kerf blade for a chop saw, SCMS, radial arm saw or table saw for cross cutting or thin ripping that is cheaper and better than you will ever find.

Just do it before it goes away.

Wow, yes and that is a great blade!

Got one. Thanks Dave.

I would hesitate to it in a table saw because of the hook angle.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

It's a crosscut blade.

I didn’t buy one because I need a 12”, but thanks for posting in the General forum. As you said no one goes into the D&D section anymore.

Just scooped up one. Nice find.