There are already some discussions on this topic, but I still didn't figure what to make of them.

I'm finishing Christopher Schwarz's book on Workbenches, and planning to build a Roubo workbench - my first bench.

I'm 6' 3" (well, 190 cm since I live in Europe), and mostly use hand tools (my workshop is a 10'x10' cellar also used to store various house stuff, my only machines are: bench grinder, drill press, small metalworking lathe). I use wooden hand planes.
According to Schwarz's book (pinkie rule), my workbench height would be around 34", and maybe 3" less because of wooden planes.
On the other hand, Paul Sellers recommends 38" for an average person, for a 6' 4" guy they built a 44" workbench. He also says it doesn't matter if metal or wooden planes are being used.
Jim Tolpin suggests using 4 hand-spans for the height (40" in my case), which mostly corresponds with Paul Sellers' advice.
At the moment I'm thinking about going for 40". Although the logic of being able to cut the legs down later escapes me a bit... If the legs are cut down, the stretchers are going to become lower, leaving no space for my feet. Or should I plan for this possibility and make the stretchers are bit higher?

As for workbench width, Schwarz suggests 24" or even a bit smaller, but Jim suggests 3 hand-spans (30" in my case). I understand this is based on reach. Is there a benefit to have a wider bench, though? According to Schwarz, 24" is wide enough for any work, anyway.

For the length, due to my space limitations, I will have to settle for 5', which I understand is shorter than what is normally mentioned as the minimum length (6-8').

Thanks in advance for nice advice