Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craftsman 22116 Tilt/Bevel Adjustment Issue

Tim, there are several guys in the greater Raleigh Area that would help. Buy local, post for help under tools forum over at NCWW

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Tim, there are several guys in the greater Raleigh Area that would help. Buy local, post for help under tools forum over at NCWW
    Thanks Bruce, just replied to my posting over at NCWW. I didn't create an additional "Help me" post yet as I'm hoping to get some feedback in the first thread I created. But if you think I should create another one, let me know!

Blog Entries
    Put some lube such as paste wax on the gear teeth and worm. It still appears that your shaft is bent. Some oil on the shaft where it enters the bushing would help.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Put some lube such as paste wax on the gear teeth and worm. It still appears that your shaft is bent. Some oil on the shaft where it enters the bushing would help.
    Roger that Lee, I'll do that here this week. Need to go get some paste wax...

Since I'm not going to allow myself to put it back together knowing there's still a problem, how difficult is removing the shaft? Anything I should watch out for? Is it a one-man job? I found a machine shop so I'm eager to get the problem fixed - just don't want to create a new one in the process.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Fisher View Post
    Roger that Lee, I'll do that here this week. Need to go get some paste wax...

Since I'm not going to allow myself to put it back together knowing there's still a problem, how difficult is removing the shaft? Anything I should watch out for? Is it a one-man job? I found a machine shop so I'm eager to get the problem fixed - just don't want to create a new one in the process.
    It appears that you will need to remove the hand wheel and loosen the locking collars. It will have to be rotated to "unscrew the worm from the gear while the aft moves away from the casting, presumably out the back of the saw.

A few things I noted after watching your videos again:
    The bushing you were spinning with you finger should be very close to the casting with just a few thousandths of an inch clearance.
    There is a locking collar on the front that you will need to loosen and then pull on the hand wheel like you want to pull it out of the frame while you slide the locking collar close to the eccentric locking nut. This will reduce the dead zone between raising and lowering.
    You may need to compromise on the centering of the worm on the gear to get easier play when you turn the hand wheel.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-30-2020 at 3:28 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks all for your help and suggestions! Been crazy busy over here between organizing/throwing a bday party for my better half and prepping for a two week vacation to Thailand that we leave for tomorrow. Looking to get this issue knocked out as soon as I get back! Have a few guys that have offered to come take a look with me (can't thank you enough for that!) so between that and my forum responses, hope to be up and running soon. Looking forward to it! Will keep everyone posted once I get back.