Thread: searching Sawmill Creek

searching Sawmill Creek

I am sure this has been asked before, but since I am having trouble searching the site (!) I can't search for the question. When I do a search, I seem to get a random list of google results. How do I focus my search to get results from Sawmill Creek, or a particular forum. When I was new here, a member explained it to me briefly, but I clearly didn't understand it properly.

Thanks for your help.

-dan

I think general agreement is that the search function here is, ummm, not ideal. If you click on advanced search (which is all I bother to use), and then on the search single content type tab (near the top) you can specify a particular forum to search in a drop down list.

Another option is to just use google search and add this to the end of your search term " site:sawmillcreek.org" (without the quotes but with a space before the word site). That tends to provide more meaningful results for me.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Hi Paul. Very helpful thanks. I somehow missed the advanced search. Probably because I am often using my phone to browse the site, which isn’t ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gaylin View Post
    Hi Paul. Very helpful thanks. I somehow missed the advanced search. Probably because I am often using my phone to browse the site, which isn’t ideal.
    And you get different results from Google if you search for, say

site:sawmillcreek.org bandsaw tension
    site:www.sawmillcreek.org bandsaw tension

Go figure.

JKJ