Thread: Air filtration system?

Air filtration system?

I'm looking for recommendations for a ceiling-mounted air filtration device for use in my shop, which is really just a standard two-car garage with 10-foot ceilings. Many years ago, I researched this issue and settled on a model that had washable filters so I could save money on replacements, but I sold it after moving, and evidently it is no longer available. It has been so long since I last looked into this issue that I don't remember how many cubic feet per minute I need it to have or which brands and models perform well. TIA for your advice.

David - I run a Powermatic PM1200 in a similar size space. It does a great job and has been trouble-free.

I mount a pleated filter on the back of a $20 box fan. Works great! Just a fan running in a shop knocks the floating fines out of the air. Real dust collection starts at the point of generation.

I have the smallest Grizzly unit. Every now and again I take the first filter outside and blow it off with my compressor. Same with the shopvac filter. The one thing I would suggest while shopping for them, calculate the volume of your shop and make sure you're getting 10 air changes an hour at the minimum.