Thread: Spell check

Blog Entries

Spell check

Ok, at some time i apparently said i was an acceptable word to put in my dictionary. So i never self corrects to I. Running win 7. Where do i find my dictionary?
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Ok, at some time i apparently said i was an acceptable word to put in my dictionary. So i never self corrects to I. Running win 7. Where do i find my dictionary?
    Don't know about Win 7, found this about Win 10:
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/edit-s...ry-windows-10/
    But the page says it only works for programs that use the Windows dictionary.
    But the file it directed me to didn't have any of the words I had added to the spell checking dictionary in SMC

Then I suspected SMC doesn't use the Windows dictitonary but the dictionary built into the web browser.
    I use Firefox so I asked Google "How to edit dictionaries in Firefox" and got this:
    https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001058.htm

Following the instructions I found the file "persdict.dat" and opened it with Notepad.
    That file contained all the words I've added to the dictionary when browsing SMC:
    woodturner
    Woodturning
    faceplates
    tailstock
    microcrystalline
    Tormek
    chatoyance
    Iturra
    tailstocks
    bandsaw
    woodturners
    woodturning
    thermocouple
    woodturnings
    SMC
    JKJ
    snuck
    riffler
    reposition
    offcuts
    woodturned
    Asheville
    faceplate
    headstock

I suspect if you find the equivalent instructions for the dictionary for the browser you use you could edit it and fix your "i" problem.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 01-18-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the links and ideas. I forgot i upgraded to win 10! Duh... I checked my win 10 dictionary, it was blank. I use the Chrome browser, found the dictionary there but i was not in it. Oh well...
    NOW you tell me...