Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building an oak cabinet with sliding glass doors -WARNING: LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES

Frank, your usual high quality work...Great photos...Thanks
    Jerry

Frank,

Great documentation - thanks for good tutorial!

Hey, that rolling outfeed table works well with many tools! It looks adjustable in height and length??? What brand is it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Wall
    Frank,
    Great documentation - thanks for good tutorial!

Hey, that rolling outfeed table works well with many tools! It looks adjustable in height and length??? What brand is it?

Thanks!
    Thanks Roy.

Yes I use the roller stand with my table saw, jointer, planer, and band saw, as well as my Festool multi-function table. I have the correct height for each marked on the side of the roller stand and it takes about 2 minutes to change the height.

The roller stand is sold by General International. See item 50-167 on the following web page: http://www.general.ca/pagemach/acces/universal.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow

Christian, I am glad that you enjoyed the step-by-step photos and words. AT times I want a "traditional" workbench but at other times (like when I need to move things around), I am happy that I don't have one.
    Frank, it's really hard to believe that you hardly miss a traditional workbench. How do you secure boards when you work with handplanes?
    Ok, I admit that the best way to secure workpieces when routing might be a vacuum holddown.

Regards,

Christian
    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    And I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it's true
    That who is what and what is who."

(A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)

Hey Frank,
    Nice pictures. The last one looks like a hard day in the shop, look pretty tired.

Very nice project Frank!! Your posts are [as usual] very informative and this one is no different. I know the cabinet will be beautiful!

Excellent progress so far Frank! I'm sure it'll be beautiful when finished! I really like the tools in your shop! I can't wait to get mine finished and start supplying it with new tools!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Jerry, Reg, Kelly (twice ), and Ken, thanks for the encouragement.

Christian, I do miss a traditional workbench sometimes, but the space saved by not having one is appreciated. If I can figure out a way to build.buy/modify a traditional bench so that it is mobile, I will probably get one someday.

I don't do a lot of hand plane work (I only own one plane) and, when I do, I find some way to clamp the work to the bench shown in pictures 17, 19, and 23.

Phase 2 is now available

Phase 2 of this project (which takes place in mid January 2006) is described in the thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=29501.

Great results Frank, thanks for taking the time to post pics!

Grand kids are a great help aren't they?