Thread: Woodworking is limitless

Woodworking is limitless

Womenwoodworking(dot)org

Popular Woodworking has been promoting this exhibit for some time and I finally took a look at the site today. Obviously, much talent and taste merits attention. Unfortunately, the exhibit closes on Saturday, January 18 and it is in Philly.

Has any other 'Creeker' checked out the site? Did any of you attend the exhibit? I am impressed with the work you may see through the /theshow links to individual artisans. Yet, I have only taken time to view the first 10 or so.

I am curious to hear impressions that you may have. Perhaps you are familiar with or know some artisan(s). Do you have a favorite? Does the work inspire you to create new pieces?
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Wow, that's awesome. There's actually an Austin gal in there. Thanks for sharing.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Ancient Egyptians took woodworking into eternity and beyond.
    My great grandfather made wooden church altars and such that hopefully saved some souls for eternity. I head they broke manhole covers hauling them from the shop to the churches in Chicago.
    Bill D.

http://www.skillspublish.com.au/Egypt1.htm

I didn't know about it and unfortunately, my schedule isn't going to allow me to check it out in person...bummer.

The venue originated as a woodturning focused organization called The Woodturning Center quite a few years ago before morphing into Center for Art In Wood and broadening its focus. It's definitely a great place to visit if you are in the Philadelphia area and are interested in all aspects of woodworking and wood art.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 01-15-2020 at 9:06 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I actually shared a shop with one of the young ladies years ago. Very talented designer. She taught me a few things.