Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sliding compound miter saw

I bought the new model Makita 10" slide last year and have been very pleased. A slider will never be as accurate as a fixed, but I keep one of those old Delta cast iron saws around for that. Dust collection is pretty good, but the big thing for me is the large table. I just like that large table.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I bought the new model Makita 10" slide last year and have been very pleased. A slider will never be as accurate as a fixed, but I keep one of those old Delta cast iron saws around for that. Dust collection is pretty good, but the big thing for me is the large table. I just like that large table.
    I agree about the large table Larry. That's why I resisted the Dewalt Flexvolt saw as long as I did even though I love their battery system. You definitely use the saw stand supports more with the Dewalts than you do with Makita. I was cutting 20' PVC pipe yesterday with the Dewalt saw and the dang long end kept falling off the saw after the cut. Not a huge deal to solve, but aggravating. "Old Blue", as the guys call my million mile LS1013, doesn't have that problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fairbanks View Post
    Jack not sure yet but the ceilings are 9-12’ in parts of the house so thinking larger like 6-8” but I may go multi part crown so individually they could be smaller. Looking to have the larger capacity so I don’t run into an issue depending on what the wife picks style wise. Thanks
    You could go with multiple pieces to build it out. Probably main pictures on the internet to get there without using the very large crowns and a simple 10" miter box..

I wanted to build mine out a bit above the cabinets but not too large to overwhelm the cabinets...
    Attached Images Attached Images