Thread: Table Saw blade dust cover

Table Saw blade dust cover

Good day,

1st post. I did a lot of reading on the site gathering information, I wanted to throw out what I was working on. Over the course of 30 years+ I've built sheds, garages, and a couple of houses, but being a weekender, I have always enjoyed and dabbled in woodworking. I am to the point where I am setting up my shop in the garage.

Like many, I HATE DUST. I just finished installing one of the best accessories/tool that I have ever purchased. While I do have a half decent DC, I was looking around for a dust hood for my table saw but $$$$...4-$500. I don't always have the luxury of opening my garage door as its -20 out right now. I decided to purchase a Centurion ceiling mount blade cover hood. I wanted to keep the hose out of the way and didn’t want the hose to come over to the back corner of the saw, but to go up, to the wall, and out of the way. Looks to be identical to Excalibur.

Pictures show everything, but in brief, I used a lazer level to get all the marks where I needed them. I wanted the dust hood to move from side to side to accommodate thin rips and easy to get up and out of the way for jigs. All I have to do is lift up the entire hood and mount and hook it onto the next wood strip up. I have it connected to a 1.5 hp Delta DC 1250 CFM's. AND IT SUCKS great. I did a few cuts on some MDF, and it worked awesome, with hardly and dust on my belly/pants/ and in my face LOL. I do have to dial in the spring tension or even replace, maybe add a couple of small wheels at the front, and shore up the PVC ,...but basically I'm done. Here's some pic’s.

IMG_0443 2.jpg
    IMG_0445 2.jpg
    IMG_0451 2.jpg
    IMG_0450 2.jpg
    IMG_0452 2.jpg

Slick setup. That's a long reach up to the ceiling.

Welcome to the Creek!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I built 10' ceiling... for more storage of stuff I probably don't need

Looks great! Overhead dust collection for the table saw is on my list but I am planning to build something that pivots out of the way when I am using a sled or something where I can't use it. I have a 5 inch snap lock line to my table saw and plan to put in a 2.5 inch branch off it for the overhead. We'll see how well it works. I neck down to 4 inch for the saw so I think the DC will handle both.