Thread: Machine clean up..

Blog Entries

Machine clean up..

I need to clean a piece of equipment up without getting rough with it. Lacquer thinner will clean it but I don like removing paint in the process. I'm thinking mineral spirit. Any suggestions without getting aggressive? Thx....

Mineral spirits is my usual choice. Occasionally I try kerosene or acetone if mineral spirits isn't doing the job, or Simple Green if I want to try something gentler first.
    Chuck Taylor

Go to dollar general and get some totally awesome

Blog Entries
    I'll try some simple green as I have some here I use it to clean the furnace. I'll pick up some of the awesome as well... I can handle saw dust just don't like foreign things like oils on my tools. Drives me bunkers....thx

I generally use diesel.

I generally use a can spray foaming cleaner/degreaser since I don't like to use solvents for something like this. If you get a half decent one it should get everything off that will come off.... at least it has for me.

good luck,
    JeffD

Blog Entries
    Simple green seems to work on most with some elbow grease. If I can find my rubbing compound it should be enough to satisfy me....

It's the newer Delta color and not the older. Prefer the older. Reminds me of JET...ugh. ...

Zep purple works pretty darn well