Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: basement workshop floor

You guys are great teachers!

Don't misunderstand me but I really learned a lot about simple shop floor... my basement shop has a concrete floor, only covered with an acrylic paint I had to renew a couple of times in the last 27 years. No humidity issue. No foot fatigue... I always use a a pair of comfortable shoes, never barefoot there. Floor temperature range in the year from 18 to 22 degrees Celsius. I cannot see a reason for me to change that.

It is a surprise for me how complicated an apparently simple issue can be. It is instructive SMC forums... and a little bit funny.

Thanks.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Blog Entries
    I would change a thing at 18-22 Celsius but many cover concrete floors because they are very cold in the winter in certain areas.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Blog Entries
    I ordered a sample of what I’ve been considering.

5622198E-FED0-4AD6-A5BC-E57BE684C330.jpg

I feel like i can say this to you,

Hopefully I can.

I don’t like it...

Unless the material itself in use is just to die for. I think it’s ugly.

Blog Entries
    I’m pretty mixed on it, I like the color but not the pattern. I’m not sure why but it seems like all of these are sold with a texture. I’d be happy enough without one short of a sandblasted appearance.

Yup it’s the pattern.

I love bright stark flat white.

If I had my way way I’d have a loft one giant wide open space the whole thing for to ceiling flat white windows everywhere no color in anything and just one or two very special wood accents.

But we are talking about a shop floor here lol and I’m getting all sidetracked.

Just watched a movie Thin Lines.

Mae me is my old life.

I’m displacing my passion for your shop floor lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    I’m pretty mixed on it, I like the color but not the pattern. I’m not sure why but it seems like all of these are sold with a texture. I’d be happy enough without one short of a sandblasted appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    I ordered a sample of what I’ve been considering.

5622198E-FED0-4AD6-A5BC-E57BE684C330.jpg

That looks like the same stuff I have in my garage and I like it. I even kinda like the pattern.

I have no "smell" from my stall mats. At least not from the ones that were new. I wouldn't repurpose the ones we have in the barn though. Remember-tools survive the bounce test on stall mats. I've paid for mine several times over that way.

I thought I'd just close this out with what we decided and how it's worked out. We went with a high quality LVP floor, and so far, it's been fantastic. There hasn't been tons of wear on it, and it's held up beautifully at this point. It also has made the floor so much warmer and the whole basement area so much nicer to be in, that it encourages me to spend more time there. Perfectly satisfied with our choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra van Geel View Post
    I thought I'd just close this out with what we decided and how it's worked out. We went with a high quality LVP floor, and so far, it's been fantastic. There hasn't been tons of wear on it, and it's held up beautifully at this point. It also has made the floor so much warmer and the whole basement area so much nicer to be in, that it encourages me to spend more time there. Perfectly satisfied with our choice.
    Thanks for following up. I always find that helpful.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Any denting of the LVL where wheels under heavy machinery sit?
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    I have the vinyl down, it does not wear well as a thin layer so it’s probably my best to do tiles. If you do tiles it will be fine but the material scratches easily.