Thread: Bridge City HP-6v2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bridge City HP-6v2

So I have anHP-6v2 with about 25 different profiles, most of which I have never opened or used. It's a gorgeous little plane, but I really just don't use it. I'm considering selling it - am I better off listing each profile separately, or trying to sell the whole set as one package?IMG_9404.jpg
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthew

Matthew, let me know what you want for the whole shooting match and I'll see if my resources permit a buy. I'm a fool for this kind of stuff.

Regards,

Dennis Droege

Matthew,
    Is this one of Bridge City mini tools?
    Jack

My experience with something similar (but not Bridge City) is you'll get more selling it pieced out.
    It's your reward for the extra patience required.
    AKA - "The human termite"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Nickerson View Post
    My experience with something similar (but not Bridge City) is you'll get more selling it pieced out.
    It's your reward for the extra patience required.
    This is true for many tools. The only downside is you may not sell all the pieces.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Depends on what you mean by better off. I'd feel much more satisfaction in keeping them together, at least out the door. If the next guy breaks up the family that's on him.

And then there's the extra work in making several sales.

The price will be forgotten ......

Parting things out works best when you have a common item where many people may be missing a part. In this case, you have a rare and complete item. If you sell one part of it to one of the few people who has the tool, you will dramatically reduce the value of the rest. Selling it all together makes more sense to me.

The BCT brand is much like Franklin mint products.
    Everybody that wanted one bought the "limited edition" offering at the outset.

If the set doesn't sell as a lot on eBay - immediately - other aficionados (aficiondi?) might offer to buy the unusual profiles.

Factory wrapped new tools tell most of us everything we need know about their utility, as tools.

Hi Matthew -- I see a value in listing the plane as a package. There is something to be said about not having to spend the time searching for each accessory independently and also in not having to deal with the uncertainty of buying accessories cared for differently buy different people. Personally, I have been interested in getting a plane of this kind for a while but as a package. Please let me know if you decide to sell it as such. I might be interested -- depending on price. Thanks.