Thread: Where can I purchase folded saw backs

Where can I purchase folded saw backs

Is there some one that sells folded saw backs? I found Two guys in a garage but they are not selling anymore.
    only other I can find is Blackburn tools but his are slotted.

Badaxe are made that way, or so I've been told.

Blog Entries

Justin, as far as I know TGIAG was the only place selling folded backs. I *think* if you buy a Gramercy kit from Tools for Working Wood, you get a folded back--maybe someone here can confirm that?
    Last edited by Steve Voigt; 01-13-2020 at 4:39 PM. Reason: synapses not firing
    "For me, chairs and chairmaking are a means to an end. My real goal is to spend my days in a quiet, dustless shop doing hand work on an object that is beautiful, useful and fun to make." --Peter Galbert

A better plan of attack is to look for a junker backsaw on Ebay with the style of back you want and just buy it. No shortage, especially among the British makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Voigt View Post
    Justin, as far as I know TGIAG was the only place selling slotted backs. I *think* if you buy a Gramercy kit from Tools for Working Wood, you get a folded back--maybe someone here can confirm that?
    If you click on the instruction sheet on the TFWW website it says the saw back is "folded and chamfered."