Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a utility hand held shop vac that works?

Shop Vac's 1.5 gallon model works pretty well for small/medium messes, has lots of power, and is only $30. I got mine for $25 this past summer.

2. Handhelds block up so easy I fail to see their utility of use in any shop setting? I bought a new cheap old stock 20' vac hose on ebay that I plug into a stationary shop vac. It does make you be careful that pieces of wood are not in with the chips & dust though.

Quote Originally Posted by David M Peters View Post
    Shop Vac's 1.5 gallon model works pretty well for small/medium messes, has lots of power, and is only $30. I got mine for $25 this past summer.
    I have the same and I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by David M Peters View Post
    I have one of those and agree with David.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

We have a couple of Dyson vacuum cleaners at home, one a floor model and the other a hand cordless. I have no idea of the power (voltage), but the cordless sucks strongly and reputedly holds the charge for about 30 minutes of continuous use.

https://www.dyson.com/handhelds/dyson-v7-car-boat.html

Regards from Singapore

Derek

6. Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    We have a couple of Dyson vacuum cleaners at home, one a floor model and the other a hand cordless. I have no idea of the power (voltage), but the cordless sucks strongly and reputedly holds the charge for about 30 minutes of continuous use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Tyree View Post
    Handhelds block up so easy I fail to see their utility of use in any shop setting? I bought a new cheap old stock 20' vac hose on ebay that I plug into a stationary shop vac. It does make you be careful that pieces of wood are not in with the chips & dust though.
    I think it depends on what specific chores you expect to do with it. The little Dysons are quickly overwhelmed by most typical shop clean up tasks, but there are tasks in the shop that I find mine handy for. Truth be told, any small vac can be overwhelmed by many shop tasks. While I do like my little Dyson I don't use it very much in the shop and really don't recommend it as a general shop cleanup tool. It sees use for some "pin point" clean up tasks with the crevice nozzle.