Thread: 800mm lazy susan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

800mm lazy susan

I’m looking for a 800mm (31-1/2”) lazy susan swivel for the rosewood table I recently posted. The one I used was just noisy enough that the homeowner doesn’t like it. I ordered another from the same vendor and asked them to check it prior to shipping. It came and wouldn’t even turn. Called them and they are going to try again. I’m looking for another source just in case. Thanks
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Keep us posted when you find the solution, I have to do a similar project.

It's for the wife, so there's no time limit ..

Seems every standard bearing I've been around especially when mounted to wood resonates the typical bearing sound.

Probably not a possibility where your already done but I wonder about a central stud axle small urethane wheels out at the circumference. Pretty simple but likely not after the fact

Any way to grease it?

It’s not only the noise but the first one would bind slightly in a couple spots. The replacement wouldn’t even turn 1/4 turn. I really hesitate to lube the original as the entire Lazy Susan is meant to be removed from the table top when not needed and I’m concerned that any lube may end up on the table. Hopefully the next one they ship will be ok. I can justify the noise. O them but not the binding.

Blog Entries
    Steve, I have no experience with these bearings, but they look pretty good. I found these and other sources with a google search for large lazy susan bearingsRubber pads between the bearing and the wood would reduce the tendency for the wood base and top to be sounding boards.

24" lazy susan bearing
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-12-2020 at 2:54 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee, that looks a lot like what I have. A problem I have is that I have routed a groove in the plywood to recess the hardware so I’m locked into the 800mm. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    Lee, that looks a lot like what I have. A problem I have is that I have routed a groove in the plywood to recess the hardware so I’m locked into the 800mm. Thanks
    Can you put some rubber in the groove to deaden the contact surface so bearing noise doesn't transmit to the wood.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I used felt pads for that. Maybe rubber would be better?