Thread: Question # 1 Drawer slides

Question # 1 Drawer slides

I am building kitchen cabinets for my cottage. I will have 5 drawers total. I am looking for side mount drawer slides that are good quality and straight forward installation. I really don’t need soft close. Thanks! Ron

Blog Entries
    Knape and vogt make good slides with and without soft close. Their 8450 soft close slides are pretty economical, they work well and are straight forward to install. They have become my favorite slide.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Knape and vogt make good slides with and without soft close. Their 8450 soft close slides are pretty economical, they work well and are straight forward to install. They have become my favorite slide.
    I second Lee's comment, I used K&V on a kitchen cab job 10 years ago and they're still going strong.

I’ve used these https://www.accuride.com/3732-light-...th-low-profile for many shop and Sprinter van cabinets. About as straight forward as decent slides get.
    Last edited by Corey Pelton; 01-11-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Accuride is my choice
    Regards,

Tom

If you want straight forward and easy, I would use Blum epoxy slides. Inexpensive and super easy to use. I built a whole kitchen with them 25 years ago, and they are still working like new.

Downside is that they are 3/4 opening, not full. It never seemed to matter in our kitchen. Our daughter lives there now. Just thought I would mention it because the wife wanted to try full opening, self closing on the kitchen I recently finished in our current castle. To me they were a pain to install, especially in 68 drawers.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I've used lots of KV and Accuride. Between the two I prefer Accuride.

Blog Entries
    Have used the knock offs for years without a problem... most reputable distributes offer them....

Thanks guys. Gonna get wood for front frames and drawers this week. Will get one of the slides for the cabinet with 1 drawer as a test run, then get 4 sets for more for the drawer cabinet if all goes well.