Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touch Screen Computer

I mainly use the wireless keyboard for jogging the machine in x or y, or up or down with Z. This is usually when I need to stand right at the machine to align my spindle (with pointer in the collet) for G54 coordinates. I just use the right/left and up/down arrows for the x and y, and page up and page down for spindle up/down.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by bobby milam View Post
    Use the same for now but I'm about 8 feet away from screen and cant read the functions and can't remember what they are so end up walking back to use mouse to change the speed or something else. It sucks to get old first the eyesite goes then the memory
    I use a 42 inch tv as my monitor I can see it from anywhere in the CNC room

Bill...
    A bit late to the dance here, but I never offered touchscreen computers for sale. Lenovo "Tiny" USFF CNC-PC computers only. Never with a monitor.

I do use a few touchscreens tho: On my CNC lathe conversion and on my CNC "Drill-O-Matic" control board drilling machine I use the 15.6" ASUS touchscreen, mostly for their small size. On my Mill and the soon to be built ATC-40Tool fabber machine I use the 22" ViewSonic single touch resistive. I have used the consumer grade Acer models, but the touch feature puked after 6-8 months on each and every one.

Both work well but each have a feature or two the other doesn't. Depending on the control software that you use one may work better than the other
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Thanks Gary. Kind of gotten out of the touchscreen for the shop. Now looking at a Dell used all in one 24 inch touch screen with lots of RAM (16 gb) fast processor and SSD HD. It looks newish but my concern is all the refubs? This is not, just owned by someone who never found a use for it. I would use for my primary VCarve designed computer and perhaps running the machine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

So can a AIO computer with 16 gB and SSD run VCarve Pro, this Dell I am (will be) looking at has a 24 inch monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    So can a AIO computer with 16 gB and SSD run VCarve Pro, this Dell I am (will be) looking at has a 24 inch monitor.
    You can run VCP with 4GB RAM, so you shouldn't have any issues with the setup you mention. VCP/Aspire in general isn't really an intensive program other than rendering very complex 3D things at the highest resolutions. It's much better with a minimum of 8GB, IMHO, but 16GB is so inexpensive these days...go for it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, we are headed back to the North Pole this week end and It will make my design work easier,

Hah! I'm heading in the opposite direction...but unfortunately, only for a week and a chunk of that is taking care of a personal care issue for my 89 yo kid/mom.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...