Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet JWP-15HO Planer

Thanks, hopefully I will get some shop time today to really put it to work.

I’d give it a once over first and check that the bed rollers are lowered below the table, check the infeed and outfeed rollers and cutterhead with a dial indicator, and lastly wax the bed. Buts that’s me, you could also just put it to work and check that’s stock is square and there’s no snipe.

Already started checking the rollers, rotating the shelix cutterhead, found a few broken ones. Luber and wax the bed are next. Ran a few boards through and it cuts square, surprisingly only some slight cutter lines with the broken cutters.

You did good! As mentioned previously, you really bought the planer for around $300 as the cutter head upgrade is close to $700 by itself.

I have the same model from the blue days of Jet. I’ve contemplated upgrading the cutter head but have never got around to it. I’ve run several thousand board feet through mine with no problems. Might want to change the oil in the gearbox if it’s that old, or at least drain a bit and make sure it’s clean and top it off if necessary.

The machine has been in use up to a couple weeks ago, it was in a workshop in a retirement community, everything seems to be dialed in with exception of a few cutters that need to be replaced, cuts nice and flat, the shelix head really hogs off some wood each pass, no hearing protection needed. I was going to buy the shelix for my dewalt anyway so I saved $400, and I already sold the dewalt for $400, so this planer did not cost me much.