Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Peart, drummer for Rush, passed away today - 67 - Brain Cancer

I am heavy handing this thread. No haters wanted on this one. If you don’t have something nice to say about this man’s passing, butt out. See you on the sharpening threads.

Nice to be a moderator...

Well done....

Prashun,
    You will be glad to know you are in good woodworking company with regard to your admiration of Neil Peart. I just came across a new blog entry on the FWW website by a contributor to the magazine named Mike Farrington. He sees a quintessential craftsman in the example set by Peart and crosswalks this example into inspiration in his own woodworking. You have to scroll down to the second part of the blog (after the Parf guide review) to see the section dedicated to Neil:

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2020...ng-inspiration

For those apparently not familiar with Rush, the passing of a member can be the catalyst to discovering a new old band. Give their stuff a listen, you never know, you might get the bug.

Unfortunately many of the old blues greats are dying off, and I have discovered more than a few upon hearing of their passing. Better late than never.

Cheers,
    Edwin
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 02-16-2020 at 3:38 PM.

I just ran across this. US Army band pays tribute to Mr. Peart. Page down in the article to was the video.

LINK
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I just ran across this. US Army band pays tribute to Mr. Peart. Page down in the article to was the video.

LINK
    Thanks for that link! I would never have guessed the US Army band could get so creative. What a job they did re-arranging Time Stands Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post

LINK
    That was fantastic! I'm a grown man, and not one to cry easily, but I cried at this. It drives home the loss.

When we heard the news my wife's comment was that if they made a movie of his life they would have to hand out tissues with the tickets.

The people I feel the most for is Mr. Peart's wife and (I think) 10 year old daughter. With his seemingly boundless interests in reading, art, philosophy and who knows what else he would have been a great father to have. And it seemed he was at ready for that.

-Tom