Thread: Free 2x72 Belt Grinder plans - 2020 version

Free 2x72 Belt Grinder plans - 2020 version

Hello,

I have been designing and building my own version of a 2x72" belt grinder for the past 7 years and have found them to be an excellent tool. I made some modifications over the years and also recently a talented CAD user (who was building a grinder off my plans) was courteous enough to model the grinder and each part within a CAD platform and print the plans to PDF.

Since I have posted my initial plans on this forum and a few other forums in 2018, I have been emailing these out to at least a couple people each week. I wanted to share the updated plans with you all and if you check out the plans link below you will see my updated plans including the CAD models.

I also included a link to a build along where I show how to make one of these (which does not require a mill or really much more than a typical woodworking shop's tool set).

Make one!

Thanks

Brad

Build along link ->

http://unitedbowhuntersofillinois.or...pic.php?t=1003

Pdf of plans and parts list->

https://f001.backblazeb2.com/file/dc...inder+2020.pdf

Belt grinder has always been on my bucket list,thank you for taking the time to post and kind enough to share fantastic

Really wanted to build one too. Even a DIY with a 3 phase motor and VFD was gonna come out to $1,000+. I want to get into knife making. One day I'll build one.

SayberOSG is set of plans that are bolt together. Lots of info online. The plans are free can be sent to a waterjet or cnc spot. A guy on a belt grinder facebook page sells pre-cut pieces for around $330 shipped. Just drill and tap some holes and bolt together. Again, motor, vfd, and wheels still need to be purchased BUT it's a 2x72 that can go vertical and horizontal.

Hi Brad, really enjoying studying the plane is not overly complicated but the main functionality is there. Your build along site says is not found. Would like to check it out too. Would want to elaborate on the base so it will flip to do horizontally. Thank you.

Brad ... Please post pictures of your build.