Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought the farm --- Really

I bought the farm --- Really

I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks, but just got around to taking a few pics today.

We bought 3 acres of this old chistmas tree farm a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully we'll be starting construction of our new home around april/may. This is in southern NJ.

PS. The dog likes it too.

IM003286.JPG

IM003288A.JPG
    If it don't fit, get a bigger hammer.

Congratulations, Gregg!!! That looks like a really nice place to settle, build and enjoy. I hope you'll share the construction, et al, too!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

looks good gregg, did you explain to your wife how the shop must be built before the house? tod

Nice looking property. And you can sell some of the trees to pay for your new shop and tools...Very nice..
    Jerry

Congrats Gregg! Looks like a beautiful place to build a home!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Looks great Gregg. Tod is right - the shop comes first.

Your pooch looked as thought it might have been a touch cold out there, so I warmed him up for you.

Fido Mason.JPG
    Only the Blue Roads

Andy the "Hoot" strikes again!

Gregg,

Looks great, I'm sure you're gonna love it. I'll echo the shop first sentiment. You'll have a place to do all that work on the house.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Beautiful looking piece of land, Gregg. I'd love to have an empty canvas like that from which to start building. Being from the left coast, I sometimes forget New Jersey has open space like your new place. (Much like many East-coasters forget Los Angeles is not all freeways, smog and people. )

- Vaughn

Congrats and best wishes Greg.
    When we bought our own home we planted three acres of scoth and virginia pine. We wanted a side business. Then our own business took off!
    Now we have three acres of wild christmas trees in the backyard. The birds, coyotes and deer love it, and I must admit I do Too.
    Ed

Greg, that's beautiful...and I imagine the Brit loves it. I know my Setters would. Lot's of places to hunt. Enjoy! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep posting progress. This has been in the works for close to a year now, but we just got the sub-division and permits(locals, county, state, pinelands, etc.) finalized.

Yup, there is still quite a bit of open space in south jersey. This is in Atlantic County. But were slowly seeing the farms, horse farms, etc. turn into developments and strips mall.

I am considering putting up some kind of storage/shop before starting the house. But most likely, I'll be going with a basement wood shop and it will be BIG.

And Andy, thanks for the upgrade to the pup. It was a bit cold. This was her first trip to the new place and boy was her sniffer going. BTW: She's an English Springer.

Gregg

Congrats Gregg.....Nice looking property there and a wonderful spot to put a house.....but remember.....the shop gets built first.!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Gregg...if there is any, any, any way you can do your shop as a separate building...do it! With that kind of acerage, siteing it should be relatively easy, too. A combo building that has space at one end for equipment (such as the tractor you are going to buy ) and so forth would work nicely...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congrats.

For whatever reason i don't see the pics. But anyway I see that you're in Southern Jersey , are you moving further south? I'm in Cape May County, and you can get to much further south unless you can hold your breath. Anyway good luck with the purchase.

OOOPs!! Missed the post that said you were in Atlantic County. What Township is that? Looks to be Weymouth or the area around Buena.
    Last edited by Gary Shoemake; 12-21-2005 at 8:51 PM.
    Gary Shoemake
    Green Creek NJ
    Mercury laser CLTT and color on crystal

Gary,

You were right on with the location. Millmay(Buena Vista Twnshp). Nice to know there's another Creeker in the area.