Thread: Pictures with fiber laser

Pictures with fiber laser

Hey guys!

So Im testing marking pictures with my 30w fiber into steel but Im noticing this unpleasant brownish color it has. I can clean it with my finger, but not completely, it still like drops dust and it never stops. Ethanol doesnt help, thinner doesnt help, water doesnt help By that cleaning with finger only I get picture that is only in scales of gray, but its never 100% clean. I figured I can leave it with that brownish hue and not tell the costumer there is other possibilty but I would be happy to know how to clean it nicely and easily, any of you got any suggestion? Thanks in advance!
    There is a sample, but the top one is not clean enough
    sedohnedopes.jpg
    Have a good one!
    Aliexpress 30W Fiber Laser - seems to work fine I have so many ideas, but so little time to play

Your only option is to use less power and low frequency, so the etch is 'light'. The higher the power, the darker the steel will go, and brown is the primary color. If you dial in low power photo engraving to just etch the surface, you'll get some cool results. In some cases running a negative version of the pic works better when light engraving.

getting the engraving dark isn't really needed for halftone photos, just a simple contrast between engraved and not engraved...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle