Thread: new to me basket illusion hollow forms

new to me basket illusion hollow forms

I've recently gotten into the basket illusion turnings. Here's a few small hollow forms I've finished recently. I've done a few platters with a basket illusion on the rim but the hollow forms allow for more creativity in the design since there's a little more room to work.
    2020-01-05_21-01-02_987.jpg2020-01-06_21-18-55_591.jpg

2019-12-04_21-04-57_140.jpg

really nice!

Nice job Jeremy. That’s something I’ve wanted to try.

4. These are wonderful Jeremy! Related to the forms themselves, not the basket illusion embellishments [which are well done!] the bottom of forms 1 & 3 could benefit from a smaller base, and have that bottom edge tucked under a bit to keep the base from looking as it is growing out of the table it sits on. That rolled edge on the outer rim of the base adds a bit of lift to the form to highlight the beautiful work you’ve done here even more!

Congratulations on some beautiful work, and I especially like the bold colors you used.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Beautiful work. You obviously have many hours in those vessels. What technique do you use in between the individual "beads" to make them appear separate? Do you use inks or dyes for the coloration? They really look great.
    Dick Mahany.

The beads wood burned so the dark line creates the separation. I think I have carpal tunnel from coloring the beads lol.