Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is dust collection it's own sub hobby now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    I loved building that setup as much as any woodworking project I have ever undertaken. Some of us enjoy the shop building journey as much as the end stop of making woodworking projects. "God I love my shop" is a thought that often occurs to me as I enter it.
    I'm right there with you Ole! I like making shop furniture as much as I like making something for the house. And it makes me happy as heck just to go in and sit there. Sometimes when I leave for work, I just step in, look around, smile and go on my way. It's nothing fancy, expensive or enormous and you cant eat off the floor. But it's a pretty nice shop.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    I'll argue the latter with you. I would also say that having any kind of collector shield will keep bits from flying up into your face. So I'll very likely mod something up this year. We're in active agreement.
    I'm still trying to figure out what to do for overarm dust collection on my tablesaw, so I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff norris 2011 View Post
    Any one else notice the rob has a 4" drop and then runs 4" above and below the saw? His table dust collection would go way up with a 6" drop.
    Good point,if he ran 6" to the two 4" splits he'd likely get better results.

I'm using the Grizzly over arm dust collector on my Unisaw. It is a 4" wye off of a 6" pipe that goes all the way to the Uni using a custom 6" fitting The Blastgate Company built for me.

DSC03182.jpg Uni1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dixon View Post
    I'm using the Grizzly over arm dust collector on my Unisaw. It is a 4" wye off of a 6" pipe that goes all the way to the Uni using a custom 6" fitting The Blastgate Company built for me.

DSC03182.jpg Uni1.jpg
    yes this how rob should run it. gorgeous shop by the way.