Thread: " Nebuchadnezzar's Coffee Decanter"

" Nebuchadnezzar's Coffee Decanter"

Hello once again everyone here's my first piece of the new year " Nebuchadnezzar's Coffee Decanter" 15" x 5" x 22" Walnut, Cherry, Sapele. Curly Maple Turned and embellished with Intarsia and carvings. Finish is satin lacquer. I already have had many ask how did I come up with this piece, I remember my grandparents having a brass coffee pot like this. I just added my own twist to the piece. If you have any questions on how I did something feel free to ask I have some photos while making this piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

Jack Of All Master Of None

Every piece you show us is more impressive than the last. And you're prolific as all heck. Bruce, I'm running out of adjectives to describe your work, there's so much cool stuff!

Wow. Just wow!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That is amazingly beautiful....You are very talented.

Show the pics. Let's see how you did it.

Wow, that's amazing! Would love to know more about how you did it-- multiple pieces. multiaxis turning?

Amazing detail and complexity. The process for the handle and spout really have me scratching my head. Would love to know you did this!
    Dick Mahany.

Okay guys I'll show you a few photos of making this piece. First I did not count how many pieces are in it and I do not keep track of time while working, I started working on the body in November. This piece is segmented in sections the neck & body I'll show a better photo. The spout was turned and drilled w/ 3/8 th grill bit first, this is the longest piece I can drill on my lathe. then the curve was cut w/ miter saw and reassembled then shaped smooth. after that I drilled more out on a drill press. The body is two bowls and a center segmented ring that was drilled for the neck & spout then each was matched up to fit the curves and glued w/ epoxy. The top & hing are separate pieces and the handle was seven 1/8" strips of walnut steam bent and glued back together.
    Here's a few photos

Love all your work, it's an easy thing to do! The straight spout is the odd bit,to me. Still the "Merv GRIFFIN "award will
    be coveted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Love all your work, it's an easy thing to do! The straight spout is the odd bit,to me. Still the "Merv GRIFFIN "award will
    be coveted.
    Thank you Mel this was my inspiration for this piece it may help you understand the long spout.

Hey guys I just read my response on making this piece and realize there still may be questions, please feel free to ask I will answer them all the best I can. I thought I had picked up the camera much more during this build than I did.