Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bauerle planer

I would appreciate that.

I think it’s pretty great the kids get involved.

Not that you probably care or should care that I think so much. Regardless it’s pretty awesome from numerous perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I'll take some pictures of the hand wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    I would appreciate that.

I think it’s pretty great the kids get involved.

Not that you probably care or should care that I think so much. Regardless it’s pretty awesome from numerous perspective.
    My kids have been on a jobsite, in my shop, moving equipment, helping since they could walk. My 14 year old took apart, cleaned up and out a bench top Kruper veneer stitcher back together today. A, she asked if she could, B I gave her money to go to a movie with her friends tonight.

Just doing my part to raise 3 kids that get the value of work and know how to use their heads and their hands.

It’s a invaluable trait you are instilling in them.

I was expected to have a job making actual money since I was seven years old. Sure it was delivering those stupid flyers in bags we used to get hung on our front doors but I was up and out every weekend before the sun rose doing so. I was also expected to do real chores around the house weekly. And not just fluff but scrub the bathroom, vacuum and mop the floors and do laundry keep the dishes done and not just my own. Mom worked two jobs and this was the way it had to be. If I really wanted something bad enough she would always find a way to make it happen buy it always involved me working for it. By 14-15 I worked at least part time and if I wanted something it was on me.

Not only did it teach me that if you’re not rich work is a fact of life. But it actually made me appreciate and enjoy hard work. Also taught me boat loads of common sense. Taught me if you really want something you can have it but it’s gonna be at the cost of something else. Not only do I not see kids actually working anymore but I see parents who don’t want there kids to work. Seems like we are just trying to creat generation after generation of people that don’t wanna work.

My kids have been on a jobsite, in my shop, moving equipment, helping since they could walk. My 14 year old took apart, cleaned up and out a bench top Kruper veneer stitcher back together today. A, she asked if she could, B I gave her money to go to a movie with her friends tonight.

Just doing my part to raise 3 kids that get the value of work and know how to use their heads and their hands.

Was there a problem with the head or did the customer just want the Hermance? What were the head bearings? Single, double, max fill, shielded?

Also wondering what would be an equivalent planer. In the Euro market, Kolle, Bauerle and martin were pretty equal. Here would it be the Whitney S248 ? Dave
    Last edited by David Kumm; 01-04-2020 at 5:59 PM.

I lived in St Johns, Newfoundland in the 70's ( it's in Canada for those that don't know) A government run workshop closed down and i went the the auction, the place was loaded with big German woodworking machines, I got a 24" w. Klein and sons jointer, and a 24"combination jointer planer. They had a huge jointer there that made my 24" one look small, i am not sure what the actual size was, but it was massive. They also had a lot of Bauerle equipment, Big table saws and shapers and even a 24" weining thickness planer. Not sure how they ended up with all German stuff, there certainly wasn't any dealer that i ever heard of selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Was there a problem with the head or did the customer just want the Hermance? What were the head bearings? Single, double, max fill, shielded?

Also wondering what would be an equivalent planer. In the Euro market, Kolle, Bauerle and martin were pretty equal. Here would it be the Whitney S248 ? Dave
    Cutterhead was his choice, 2308 double row SA in cutterhead, 2206 DR SA in feed rolls.

I have owned a kolle and a Martin, they are fairly similar, bauerle was the heaviest build, kolle was very similar.

The HCH63 is very similar to this set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hennebury View Post
    I lived in St Johns, Newfoundland in the 70's ( it's in Canada for those that don't know) A government run workshop closed down and i went the the auction, the place was loaded with big German woodworking machines, I got a 24" w. Klein and sons jointer, and a 24"combination jointer planer. They had a huge jointer there that made my 24" one look small, i am not sure what the actual size was, but it was massive. They also had a lot of Bauerle equipment, Big table saws and shapers and even a 24" weining thickness planer. Not sure how they ended up with all German stuff, there certainly wasn't any dealer that i ever heard of selling it.
    All I have ran across an owned, was directly imported by the shops owners.

It’s a invaluable trait you are instilling in them.

I was expected to have a job making actual money since I was seven years old. Sure it was delivering those stupid flyers in bags we used to get hung on our front doors but I was up and out every weekend before the sun rose doing so. I was also expected to do real chores around the house weekly. And not just fluff but scrub the bathroom, vacuum and mop the floors and do laundry keep the dishes done and not just my own. Mom worked two jobs and this was the way it had to be. If I really wanted something bad enough she would always find a way to make it happen buy it always involved me working for it. By 14-15 I worked at least part time and if I wanted something it was on me.

Not only did it teach me that if you’re not rich work is a fact of life. But it actually made me appreciate and enjoy hard work. Also taught me boat loads of common sense. Taught me if you really want something you can have it but it’s gonna be at the cost of something else. Not only do I not see kids actually working anymore but I see parents who don’t want there kids to work. Seems like we are just trying to creat generation after generation of people that don’t wanna work.
    Nah, everyone thinks their kids are going to go to college to be doctors, they start preaching college in elementary school. My middle girl told her teacher that the world needs ditch diggers too. Lol

Haha good for her and you,

Not to promote ditch digging as it is a hard road in many ways vrs the alternative I was surrounded by growing up.

And please nobody get me wrong nothing wrong with wanting a better life your kids.

But it seems then and worse now in areas with economic fortune that parents do not want their kids working but to focus on their education thinking go to school get good grades then to a good university get a bachelors the now a doctorate. Clearly some do focus apply themself and some don’t just taking the meal ticket extending the inevitable.

What I see in both cases though are now generations of people that generally don’t really want to work. Even the ones that did apply themself don’t really understand what hard work really is. And the ones that did not apply themself but just saw the easy way “someone carry their rear ends” get really good at finding ways to get other people to do their work for them.

Along the way so many people by my side told me “patrick work with your brain not with your hands” these people generally were always ok with making money off the backs of others hard work. I was just never ok with that. A hard days work was always something I could much more easily hang there hat on.

I do think it’s a mistake that generally we have not taught our kids that hard work is mandatory. And that consequence and suffering are the result otherwise.

Anyway that’s a sweet machine. What lucky state gets to call it home?

Nah, everyone thinks their kids are going to go to college to be doctors, they start preaching college in elementary school. My middle girl told her teacher that the world needs ditch diggers too. Lol
    Last edited by Patrick Walsh; 01-04-2020 at 7:09 PM.

Good on the child labour there Darcy. Kathy Lee would be proud im kidding Nice you share your work with your kids they understand you that much more of how hard their father works

Ive had helpers from time to time. The last one would say well lf i come over what would I be doing? I finally said we'll have a few beers, smoke a doob and play video games. One day a friend brought a friend and said he likes to keep busy if you ever need help. He was nearly 70. He used to call and ask if there was anything I needed done. He helped with lawn cutting and outside stuff and still always called and asked which was great. He wanted to keep moving as being retired he realized the value of not sitting in a lump. He would come over for 15 minutes to help me move a machine even. Sadly he went on holidays to play golf. (who plays golf or spoils a vacation with that ) He didnt feel well went to the bathroom and died instantly. Pretty sad. He was one of the nicest people you would meet.

In 130 plus auctions ive seen Baeurle stuff once in only one shop, an italian shop with maybe 50 employees and around for 50-80 years. It had sheets attached with maintenance records which spoke highly of their history there.

The gov thing its likely they ask and are told what the best is and since its our coin they go for the best,. likely one of the few things they actually do right.

P1120065A.jpg

Welcome to the new world;

The world's top-earning YouTube star is an 8-year-old boy who made $22 million in a single year reviewing toys. The 8-year-old Ryan Kaji of YouTube's RyanToysReview generated $22 million in revenue in a single year from his YouTube fame, according to Forbes in its most recent report on YouTuber earnings.Oct 20, 2019

8-year-old YouTube star of Ryan ToysReview made $22 ...

https://www.businessinsider.com › 8-year-old-youtube-star-ryan-toysreview-...

ryans-toy-review.jpeg

My old shop/bench mate 10 years younger than me told me of that guy last year.

Blows your mind the way people figure to make a living not working these days.

I’m just old and jaded I guess. Probably true...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hennebury View Post
    Welcome to the new world;

The world's top-earning YouTube star is an 8-year-old boy who made $22 million in a single year reviewing toys. The 8-year-old Ryan Kaji of YouTube's RyanToysReview generated $22 million in revenue in a single year from his YouTube fame, according to Forbes in its most recent report on YouTuber earnings.Oct 20, 2019

8-year-old YouTube star of Ryan ToysReview made $22 ...

https://www.businessinsider.com › 8-year-old-youtube-star-ryan-toysreview-...

ryans-toy-review.jpeg

Also,

Good long from one end of the earth today regarding this T23 I want to purchase I stumbled upon the exact machine I’m looking to purchase but at a auction I know know to be the auction the seller purchased it at.

I spited two things speaking of euro equipment.

One being the link below. Man what I would do to have purchased this little gem. Then a Martin T75 same vintage as mine but with a much bigger cast table. Wrecks my head I never see this stuff. Guess I best start keeping a pile o cash in the bank get myself a trailer for the new van and start stalking out auctions.

https://industrialbid.com/m/lot-deta...current_page=0

Beautiful resto, congrats!

Look on the bright side Patrick, maybe that little kid will hire some old fart like you to make furniture for one of his mansions.

It's an absurd world!

My old shop/bench mate 10 years younger than me told me of that guy last year.

Blows your mind the way people figure to make a living not working these days.

I’m just old and jaded I guess. Probably true...