Thread: Fume Extractor

Fume Extractor

Hi,
    So I guess you can't post links, but I saw a fume extractor on ebay. It looks very affordable. But wondering if anyone here has used one?

s-l1600.jpg
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

You can post the url, just not as a link. You can also post the item number and anyone can search ebay for that item.

To judge the effectiveness of a fume extractor you need to think about what you are lasering. You won't find a $200 ebay extractor that will remove the smell from cutting acrylic and the filters on any extractor will clog quickly cutting lots of wood. I know people that have spent thousands on a name-brand extractor only to spend thousands more on filters. Your best bet is to exhaust outdoors, if that's not possible then you'll have to spend the money to get an effective system that actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    Hi,
    So I guess you can't post links, but I saw a fume extractor on ebay. It looks very affordable. But wondering if anyone here has used one?

s-l1600.jpg

I have never owned a fume extractor. And I have always vented my stuff out site. I was just curious.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

So I figured out the main issue quick enough--

Harbor Freight's go-to 'green' blower is rated at moving 660 cu. ft of air per minute-

This fume extractor is rated to move 180 cu. meters of air per hour, which translates to only 109 cu. ft per minute... that may clear out a 12x18 machine, but that 7x air-movement reduction won't do much for anything larger...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle