Thread: Laguna 18-36 Legs

Laguna 18-36 Legs

I think I've decided on a Laguna 18-36 as my next lathe. Hope to be ordering it within a week.

Dick Mahany was kind enough to send me a very detailed pdf of building a mobility kit for a Jet lathe. So I'm going to copy this for use with the 18-36.

So what I'm after, if possible, is a photo showing the end of the legs and the overall width along with the width and height of the foot pieces, dimensions A,B and C below,thanks.

That way, I can mock up one of these legs and start building the mobile base pieces.

Thanks.

Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 01-02-2020 at 7:58 PM.

C is 25 3/4".......B is 3"....It's a little hard to tell about A from the drawing....if you mean from the bottom of the leg up to where it starts to angle then it's 3 3/4".... if you mean from the back of that leg to the front of it then it's just under 4"...... hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    C is 25 3/4".......B is 3"....It's a little hard to tell about A from the drawing....if you mean from the bottom of the leg up to where it starts to angle then it's 3 3/4".... if you mean from the back of that leg to the front of it then it's just under 4"...... hope this helps
    Brilliant.... Many Thanks.

This will get me in a very close ballpark.

Laguna sells a very nice wheel kit that bolts onto the 18-36... You may want to check that out.

73 Ely

Yes I know, but at $450, I think I’ll have a go at fabricating something first.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Yes I know, but at $450, I think I’ll have a go at fabricating something first.
    Yes that $450 can purchase some nice tooling. I think many folks have spent as much for chucks, accessories and turning tools as the lathe itself cost. That's why I went the shop built version
    Dick Mahany.

Chris would you mind sharing the plans for the mobile post?

Mobile base plans is what I was trying to ask for.