Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to make noisy/irritating toy for 3 1/2 year old.

Looking to make noisy/irritating toy for 3 1/2 year old.

Time to start planning for next Christmas. There is a young fellow who will be 3 1/2 years old next Christmas. I am looking for ideas to make a noisy or irritating toy to give him. The ability to drive his parents nuts will be a plus. Any ideas?

Buy that little boy a Police Whistle.
    Or make him a drum.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

A giant card board box filled with bubble wrap. He will spend hours or days popping them.

Blog Entries
    I recently made a pair of push toys that make quite a racket. They have large jingle bells and wooden balls inside the cages are pretty easy to make.
    IMG_3434.jpgIMG_3435.jpg
    I also made a pull toy dog that makes noise.
    Nate puppy.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-01-2020 at 9:02 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Wooden train whistle.

Blog Entries
    Make him a recorder & then pay him to practice in front of his parents for hours every day

Would this child be a grandchild of yours? I find one of life's great pleasures is watching my grandchildren put their parents through the same things they put my wife & I through.

Blog Entries
    Buy or make a drum.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I got a big pot and wooden spoon and gave that to my new grandson. He loved banging it and making noise until my daughter took it away from him.

We found an old toy piano. I repaired it, refinished it, and at last report they were still banging on it.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Google "Aztec Death Whistle". Parents will flee the house and never return.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Mark Twain paid a visit to Brigham Young and as a parting gift he gave all the boys a whistle. I think the girls got a manicure set?
    Bil lD.

Blog Entries
    Make a ratchet rattle. It is basically a handle on a gear with a piece of wood about the thickness of a tongue depressor mounted on a piece that can swing freely around the gear so that it clicks on each tooth.

Google > ratchet rattle < or > matraca toy < for images. Easy to make or less than $20 on line.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Google "Aztec Death Whistle". Parents will flee the house and never return.

Erik
    Wow, this wins the contest right here. That would be the most annoying thing you could ever give a child.

With 55 wives I wonder how many little boys with whistles were running around Brigham Young's house?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Make a ratchet rattle. It is basically a handle on a gear with a piece of wood about the thickness of a tongue depressor mounted on a piece that can swing freely around the gear so that it clicks on each tooth....
    Just happen to have some on the bench in various stages of completion as a procrastination project. (They were supposed to be for this New Year's Eve, but will have to wait for next year. ) These are more of an adult size toy, so would have to be scaled down. A little guy would have to put some real muscle into it to make them work.

IMG_1585.jpg,IMG_1587.jpg