Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Co2 cutter for around $3000-$4000

Best Co2 cutter for around $3000-$4000

I am in the market for a laser cutter. I have read several posts and still undecided on what to get. This is going to be an add on in my woodworking business so i need one that will last. I saw a Laguna 12/20 at Rockler's not sure if that is a good brand. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Others will chime in, but under no circumstances would I buy that or any other small bed laser for anywhere near that money. You can read a lot here, and get varying opinions. This is such a limiting size laser, what are you going to do if you have a 12x24 cutting board? It aint fitting. Or a 8x10x4" cube? it ain't fitting.
    This is the major issue with this type of laser, size. No Z height. And No way to pass through larger items.
    Look at small Rabbit. Yes Chinese built, but US reseller with good reputation. Or Import yourself from China, Or Step up and spend three or four times that for small Epilog or Trotec. Boss is another to maybe look at. I know that three years ago, I could have gotten a 500x600mm bed with about a 6" or so Z height for about $3k, maybe $4 now with tariffs. Lot of options.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Jones28 View Post
    ...I have read several posts and still undecided on what to get.
    It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that...
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

seriously look at spending a little more money and look at a Rabbit or maybe a Boss laser you won't be sorry
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

you may laugh, but 'reading a few posts' is how I ended up with my Triumph 1390
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that...
    Thinking the same thing. He needs to spend some time on here doing some research, not just a couple of posts. I guess the worst would have been, I purchased this laser on eBay and ……
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

You guys are taking that to literall

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Thinking the same thing. He needs to spend some time on here doing some research, not just a couple of posts. I guess the worst would have been, I purchased this laser on eBay and ……

I have read quite a lot of post on several sites. So many contradictions on brands. I didn't see anything on the new laguna that's why i asked.

Thank you

Well you said 3 to 4k and Lagunas start at about 5500 thats why I suggested spending a little more. I can't ever recall anyone here using a Laguna except for a couple that have there huge industrial lasers(big bucks) You haven;t said anything about what you will do with it, how big do you need how much power do you need. Can't really help with out some more info.
    I've had my Rabbit Laser going on 5 years now haven't had any significant problems with it, still on it original tube. and support from them is the best.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 01-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Try this Search here. Laguna laser site:www.sawmillcreek.org
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I have a wonderful laser that is a workhorse and I do mean that I did purchase a laser from Ebay and it has earning me money now that some of the other more expensive units with the same specs would still be paying off. My laser cost me less then half of what a Rabbit that has a smaller bed and less power and no rotary and I had it up and running in 4 days of my ordering it.

What i want to use it for

I have a wood workshop and a real estate solutions company.

For the woodshop i will use it for patterns, jigs, signs, models, cosplay and other projects.

For the real estate side we buy promotional products (key chains, coasters, custom gifts) and would start to make our own. We have a lot of people asking us for products and have a market to provide local products to people in our network.

Overall i am very green to laser cutters but don't want to spend 10k

To answer the other question the Laguna 12/20 is 4k with 10% this month it is a portable version and can do large pieces with access to slide large pieces underneath. Comes with air compressor, Water cooler pump, and exhaust fan.

After looking at the boss it cost more but looks like a better product over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    you may laugh, but 'reading a few posts' is how I ended up with my Triumph 1390
    Haha, this is my exact situation right now. Went from looking at a Snapmaker to a G. Weike 1390N

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Hamblin View Post
    Haha, this is my exact situation right now. Went from looking at a Snapmaker to a G. Weike 1390N
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was your weike 1390 ?

I bought mine from a seller on Ebay they had 80 to 130 watts lasers listed in their store. The seller was Goldraydigital and I am very happy with them. I ordered my laser on a Friday and had it up and running on the next Wednesday They were good to respond after the sale also as one of the fans in the chiller was not working and after they saw a video they shipped out a new one only took 3 days.

I will second the Rabbit option. I have had mine for a year and a half, and the biggest problem was a fualty tube which was replaced under warranty. The machine performs well, and the service is good.
    Rabbit QX80-1290
    TTP Stingray
    LogoJET UV2400

CorelDraw 2018