Thread: Sometimes the simplest solution.........

Sometimes the simplest solution.........

may take years to come to us, unfortunately. I'm guessing that many of you, like me, use Johnson's Paste Wax on our hand and power tools. I can't remember how many years I've had the can I'm using now but it seems most of the time I have to hunt around for a screwdriver or similar item to open it. Maybe it's the new year but the tool-less solution came to me today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That looks like an interesting way to go about turning it into an easy open can.

I can't remember how many years I've had the can I'm using now but it seems most of the time I have to hunt around for a screwdriver or similar item to open it.
    My can is from when the wax had an opaque appearance instead of the current clear look.

There is almost always a screwdriver within easy reach in my shop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Not sure why this got moved, many neanders use Johnson's Paste Wax.

Do the new cans have a lever on the cap to open the cans or is that an older artifact?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Good one John. I too somehow never have a screwdriver anywhere near my can of Johnson's. And then there is the automatic snap-the-lid-back-on-the-can-after-every-single-use action when I need to reopen it again 13 sec later.
    David

Nice! I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Not sure why this got moved, many neanders use Johnson's Paste Wax.
    It was in OT...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I posted this in OT because I somehow always had the impression that true Neanderthals wouldn't look at this category because it contains the words "power tools" and I know some of them use this wax.

Jim, the newer wax is clear? Mine looks like beeswax and is at least 25 years old.