Thread: Last project for 2019

Last project for 2019

This was the last project out of the shop for 2019. Daughter sent me a picture of a hall table she wanted for Christmas, but it was the wrong color. All the cabinets in her house are stained black so she wanted to know if I could make the table in black. Not a big fan of black furniture, but that is what she wanted. The table is about 42" long 30" high and 10" deep. Table itself took no time to make, all the cross pieces were a pain to make and put in place. The one opening without the cross pieces is where their's an electrical outlet on the wall and I did not want to obstruct it in any way.

Daughter was very pleased with it, so happy Daughter, happy Dad. I just wish they would do away with Pinterest and Etsy sites. Every time she visits these sites, she finds something, and says, Oh, Dad can make that!!!Hall Table.jpgHall Table2.jpg

Bobby, nice work. The open lattice like back is a nice variation.

Nice work. Looks like your daughter was right. I enjoy getting input from my daughter. She has a designers eye.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I like it. That back is a nice creative touch.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Nicely done Bobby! What type of wood did you use and what was your finishing routine?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. Ken, the wood is Red Oak, sanded to 400, then wiped on Ebony stain. When she came to look at it, I asked what type of finish, as to poly, lacquer or other, she said no finish. We shall see how it holds up, right now the wood has a good feel to it and is smooth as glass.

Bobby
    Louisiana

Looks Great! How fortunate for your daughter that she has a woodworker dad! Also fortunate that the receptacle was centered so the space you had to leave was nicely centered also.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--