Thread: Green Chair

Green Chair

A little Hickory, Oak and Pine from the rack. This office chair sits pretty well.

Green Chair 1.jpgGreen Chair 2.jpgGreen Chair4.jpg

Second pic is prior to the final coat of milk paint.

Nice! Are you going to put a coat of something over the milk paint to protect it (reduce scratching)? Maybe some clear poly or something?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Outstanding and it also looks comfortable!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Cool chair Tom. The first photo shows what looks like some type of execise machine then somehow it is transmogrified into a roll around chair. Looks comfortable. Does the back have a little "spring" to it? What is happening to me - I don't like the color green, but this is the second green thing in a week or so that looks good. Surely I'm too old for my tastes to change? Question - What is the gizmo in the second photo that is hanging out between the drawer cabinet and the end of the workbench?
    David

"Equally at home in living room,shoe shine stand, office , or medical exam room!" Lot of originality there, Easy to think
    it might be widely copied. I've been looking at it for some minutes. I think what holds the eye is the contrast between
    the vertical arms and undulating back. Great piece!

You have showed us some interesting chair designs over the past several months. The style and your interpretations are really coherent as is the finish.

I am in a long-term, much less productive process of chair design (2+ years and only near completion of 2nd prototype). The style is Arts & Crafts with solid back splats. I have believed that lower back support is needed for comfort. Does your above chair provide good back support? I could use your response designing my next version whenever that time comes around.

Thanks for sharing.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

What is the gizmo in the second photo that is hanging out between the drawer cabinet and the end of the workbench?
    That is my outfield support. I guess it deserves it's own post, and replacement with a purchased one.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-01-2020 at 11:06 AM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    You have showed us some interesting chair designs over the past several months. The style and your interpretations are really coherent as is the finish.

I am in a long-term, much less productive process of chair design (2+ years and only near completion of 2nd prototype). The style is Arts & Crafts with solid back splats. I have believed that lower back support is needed for comfort. Does your above chair provide good back support? I could use your response designing my next version whenever that time comes around.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you, no it provides no lower back support but is meeting the needs of the user without any whining. She has nice posture.

I am currently making a set of dining chairs in a similar design so stay tuned.