Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Kapex

Unless you plan on cutting a lot of thick stock (posts, etc.), I agree with the 10" direction, especially since with a sliding miter saw, the width capacity isn't dependent on the blade size as much. Lighter in weight, too, which is nice should you ever need to use it "elsewhere" for any reason.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Actually I just ordered the LS1019L for that same reasoning. I had one about a year ago and liked it but when I started my major shop makeover it was one of the items to go along with the fastcap best fence pro. In hindsight I wish I’d have kept the saw and just sold the stand. Hindsight is always crystal clear though. LOL

the 10” version should meet 95% of the needs when I use it. Anything thicker can go to the Felder or the handsaw on those rare occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by michael dilday View Post
    I have had good success with the Dewalt Double Bevel sliding miter saw. Seems to be extremely accurate.
    I sure wish they made a 10" saw though. My crew loves the 12" Flexvolt (BIG battery power or plug it in, lasts all day on a charge cutting trim) slider I just got, but the old reliable LS Makitas that I keep around are more accurate. I really do think that most 12" blades are too prone to deforming and cut quality falls off quicker than with a 10". Plus you can almost get two Makitas for the price of one of the Flexvolts.