Thread: Relay control for Jet air filter

Relay control for Jet air filter

Has anyone looked at the control board of the Jet AFS-1000B? I'd like to turn it on using a relay and wonder if anyone's done this. Ideally, I would also like to control the shut-off, with the relay (or relays) setting the timer for two hours.

Thanks for any advice,
    Mike

Not following what you are wanting to do. I have a few of these filters. All of mine have a built in shut off timer.

I'm trying to turn on the unit from an external switch closure, rather than using the buttons on the front of the machine or the remote control. I wonder if anyone has looked at the control circuitry to know if this is possible. My secondary question is whether the built-in shut-off timer can also be accessed.

I did something like this with a garage door opener remote. I used a Sonoff 4 channel R2 Pro . This is a device that connects to your wireless network and has a smartphone app that controls four dry contacts.

I soldered wire to each switch on the circuit board out of a visor remote.

Threaded circuit board standoffs into the top cover and made the connections.

While the cover is off the Sonoff needs to be configured for what they call “inching” mode for 1 second. This is accomplished with DIP switches on the circuit board. This turns the relays into one second momentary contacts.

Pressing the button on the phone app is now the same as pressing the remote push button for one second.

This is working great for me. Perhaps you do something similar with the filter remote control?