Thread: 15amp circuit laser how many

15amp circuit laser how many

So do any of you have more than one laser hooked up to your same circuit. I have a dedicated 15 amp. And if so what hours are your lasers. I have a 60 watt. A 50 watt. And soon to have one more laser low wattage as well.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Blog Entries
    I've only the one CO2 and one Fiber. They each have their own separate circuit, and my chiller has a separate one and so does the blower.
    Now my fiber shares my computer, two monitors, and my old HP laser printer. No issue with these operating together. I would expect I could put all of the CO2 stuff on once 15 amp also, but I had the outlets and circuits already there. I would think just three lasers would work. But I would invest in a kill a watt to check out actual usage
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I run a 100w CO2, 50w Fiber, blower, computer with 2 screens, 4 lights, and stereo on the same circuit.
    Killawatt says 12A
    James Minick

"Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, and cut with an axe"

100w CO2 Ruida
    50w Fiber BJJCZ
    34in Vinyl Cutter
    5 TIG/MIG/Stick/Gas Outfits
    50 Ton Press
    Robotic/IT Museum

Quote Originally Posted by James Minick View Post
    I run a 100w CO2, 50w Fiber, blower, computer with 2 screens, 4 lights, and stereo on the same circuit.
    Killawatt says 12A
    So during the winter when I have my heaters on, some times when I run the saw I trip the power. I run my laser on a different circuit so it does not shut off when that happens. I am pretty good about turning off the heaters when I run the saw, but on occasion I forget. So I want my second laser not to turn off when this happens. So if I can run my second on the same 15amp circuit that would be great. Now I just have to worry about the 3rd I ordered?
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Usually today 20 amp circuits with #12 wire and ground wire of course is the standard for a outlet circuit. Back in the day, 15 amp was considered normal. Lots of older homes with #14 wire and 15 amp fuses or circuit breakers around however.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10