Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What tools did Santa bring?

What tools did Santa bring?

Got a (second) Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hammer Drill. (I think having two will be handy.)
    Got a non-Fuel M12 Hackzall.

I got a couple gift cards too and will be using them at either Lee Valley (free shipping) or at HD for an M12 Fuel 5" Circular Saw.

It was a good day, full of family, friends and useful gifts. Hope yours was too.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Got a Bosch router kit, set of Narex chisels, and a set of engineers squares.

Received a 1/2" bowl gouge and other turning and sanding supplies. A month earlier my wife surprised me with nice Kodiak sharpening system from WoodturnersWonders. CBN wheels and all the jigs I needed. She took advantage of the eBay special on 24 month financing. A really nice system and a great upgrade for sharpening my turning tools. I thought I could sharpen on my WorkSharp 3000, but man let me tell you. It has nothing on this Kodiak. Excellence piece of equipment.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

I received a Oneway Wolverine sharpening jig for my turning tools....Rod

I few router bits and a couple of dust collection accessories

Blog Entries
    Porter Cable 20 volt sawsall, angle grinder and jigsaw. J-roller, file card, edge banding trimmer, Gator Zip sander.
    NOW you tell me...

Veritas drill bit depth guide was the one woodworking thing I received. I appreciate that it supports both metric and imperial; I work primarily in the former, but still have a need to support the latter for some clients. I did get another pair of what I use for "shop pants", although they are certainly worn well beyond my shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Santa brought a crank neck paring chisel, a Rockler router bit center/depth gauge, and a couple of Harbor Freight magnetic tool trays to hold tools/accessories near bandsaw, etc.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

A small vinyl cutter setup to label all my toolboxes, to replace all the computer printer labels, and other more pro looking signs.

Santa didn’t bring me squat, because if I need/want a tool I buy it when I have the need/want instead of waiting for Christmas. Because as Darcy said in the other thread, Christmas is for the kids!

I received three different coffee making machines (Breville Nespresso, Keurig K-Cafe, and a no-name brewer) from out-of-town family. I just started drinking coffee when I retired and my family apparently wants to support my new addiction.

Not sure who's feelings I want to hurt by returning their gift, The no-name maker was destroyed in shipping so I may keep the other two. Nespresso pods are hard to come by in my area, one basically needs to order online.
    Mark McFarlane

12. Veritas shooting plane

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Santa didn’t bring me squat, because if I need/want a tool I buy it when I have the need/want instead of waiting for Christmas. Because as Darcy said in the other thread, Christmas is for the kids!
    Tools for Festivus are in my household an offshoot of the Airing of Grievances: "it would be nice to have that, it would save me a day's work on a project, but I'm not gonna buy it dammit." Hence the Festool DF500 Domino. And a Wilton drill press vise as an exercise accessory (but heck that thing is a really nice piece in person, actually.)

A Woodpecker square and 2 boxes of La Gloria Cubana Churchill's (a shop essential).
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    A Woodpecker square and 2 boxes of La Gloria Cubana Churchill's (a shop essential).
    We have a winner