Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Merry Christmas To All

Blog Entries

A Merry Christmas To All

And to all may it be followed by a Happy New Year.

To all my friends here at SMC whether we have met or are yet to meet.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thank you Jim. Same to you. May everyone have a safe and happy holiday season.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    And to all may it be followed by a Happy New Year.

To all my friends here at SMC whether we have met or are yet to meet.

jtk
    Thank You and same to you, all the best

I wish everyone a very good Holiday Season, and hope that the New Year brings you health and happiness.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

May your holiday season be filled with family, friends, and good cheer.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Good tidings of great joy to all!

And to you too, Jim!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Best wishes to all, Merry Christmas!

Likewise. Hoping you all have a wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with gossamer shavings and free from tear out.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas to all! Anyone else attend a Christmas Eve candlelight service? Tradition in my family for nearly 70 years. Same church. My wife and I opened presents to each other this morning with a fire crackling in the background and Amy Grant Christmas music playing. I made her a six foot ladder for displaying her knitting, she got me tools. But the coolest was a piece of the old Mackinaw bridge grating, complete with flaking green paint. Cool stuff for an old civil engineer like me. I remember watching them build it back in the 1950's when my uncle lived in Cheboygan, a stone's throw from the bridge.
    bridge grate.jpgladder.jpg
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 12-25-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

Merry Christmas to all. Christmas eve is always spent with Anna, my sisters, brother in law, niece, nephew, my four kids, boy/girl friends and whoever else walks in out home....We do a dinner, open a few presents, and play some games... its fun. today, its with my Aunts,
    uncle, cousins etc. That means like 60ish - plus - people coming through my aunt's house today.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Merry Christmas to all!

To answer Ole's question. Five miles from our house there is a little Episcopal church, that only has one service a year-Christmas Eve. It is a nice little timber framed building, built in 1869, with the Sanctuary about 24x40. Everything is Heart pine, except the casings are Poplar, and the Chair Rail is Walnut. There is no heat. It does get cold, so dress warm. The singing sounded wonderful with a full house.

Picture was taken while being set up with a little generator. The service was by candlelight. It was hard to get a decent picture with my phone. The trusses over the Pulpit are the same design as the larger ones over the Sanctuary. Pews are original. It was a very nice experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images