Thread: dust collection pipe hangers?

dust collection pipe hangers?

OK, finally ready to put the pipe together. Have two of the main 6" runs underground, but also have a few small runs using metal ductwork that are run tight on the walls. What do you guys like using for hanging that? I was thinking about using the metal hanging strap, but wondering what better options might be available? TIA
    Dave

There are a few threads about that here; one was somewhat recently I believe. I personally used heavy 24" "wire ties" to strap my ductwork up to walls and overhead.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I use hanging strap with good success.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I use old serpentine belts.. free and eliminate vibration transmission. the plastic plumbers tape would be easier since the screw holes are already punched.
    Bill D

i used pipe strap (roll o' holes). It works vertically as well as horizontally. For vertical I put a couple sheetmetal screws into the pipe as well as the wall to keep it from slipping. If needed I put a block of wood behind the pipe and strap to offset the pipe from the wall.

The absolute best thing to use would be tear drop hangers from the Blast Gate Co. but those get expensive. The tear drop hangers are metal and come in different styles that mount via a threaded rod that goes into an I bolt on the ceiling end and then onto the tear drop hangers on the trunk line end. They are very simple and easy to setup.

I am doing my d/c lines now with 12” trunk lines and 6” drops reducing to 4” at the tool. My d/c is a massive 10hp unit. I am using 1/8” wire rope. It’s cheap and easy to work with.

Blog Entries
    I built saddles out of plywood & used perforated strapping to secure the duct to the saddles. Looks good and is very solid.

I did exactly the same as Frank on the section of my system that follows my walls.

I make these mounts. Really happy with how it has worked out. Easy to modify and holds pipe securely.

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg
    IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

I like the two piece Uni-strut clamps.

Zipp ties screwed on either end work great for me. Or electrical wire screwed the same way.

Also the rolls of thin metal with with pre drilled holes workers just the same and I also pretty affordable.

I also use pipe strap with the holes. It is cheap and works great.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

I use worm clamps to fit the pipe with a hole for a screw.