Thread: Dewalt 735 planer feed problems

Dewalt 735 planer feed problems

What is the typical troubleshooting process for when 735 stops feeding stock well?

Clean the feed rollers, I use laquer thinner, Wax the bed with paste wax, Dull blades also affect the feed. I've had mine for 0ver 15 years and this has always worked for me,

I recently had the wood hesitating going through my 12 1/2" Delta planer. Cleaned the rollers and waxed the bed...didn't help much... I've had this planer for 15 - 20 years and never changed the blades. They are double sided so I flipped them around and now it feeds 12" wide hardwood without any hesitation....

Quote Originally Posted by cecil rolfe View Post
    Clean the feed rollers, I use lacquer thinner, Wax the bed with paste wax, Dull blades also affect the feed. I've had mine for 0ver 15 years and this has always worked for me,
    This has been my experience, also. If cleaning the rollers (unplug before you try to clean them) and waxing the bed doesn't work, changing the blades has always worked.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

A quick waxing of the table has always solved this recurring issue for me.

Commercial rubber restorer will make the rollers more "stickey" and worked wonders for me. I got the product on Amazon but I am sure there are other sources.

Two most common issues
    Dirty rollers
    Dull blades

Just confirming what everyone else said plus dull blades will also sometimes create problems because the blades aren't cutting as efficiently as they should.

Agree with the three items mentioned--especially cleaning/waxing the tables. They look shiny all the time, but build drag with every pass. (sawblades and router bits do the same thing, but the speed of revolution masks it a little.)
    earl

I spray the bed on input side with dry lube.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville