Thread: Please help me ID these planes

Please help me ID these planes

Hi all - I know nothing about planes but I would like to learn. Can someone help me identify these 3 planes? Are they worth restoring? I bought a box full of planes in this condition at a garage sale with the intent of restoring them so I could learn but I really don't have the time for that these days so I am looking to sell these and others to someone who knows about them and wants to do the work.

Any info on these would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_8257.jpg

From the left, possibly a Stanley 41/42, then a Stanley 39 and then the Stanley 78.

Anyone else?
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    From the left, possibly a Stanley 41/42, then a Stanley 39 and then the Stanley 78.

Anyone else?
    Looks like Hilton got it first.

More information at Patrick's Blood and Gore > http://www.supertool.com

With many things in hand planes the value depends on the condition and how many people want the same thing.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Where are the planes? A local member of the forum might be interested in your little hoard.

Located in Bridgeport Connecticut. Thanks

Ron, can you provide more pics of the No 39? Would like to see how complete it is. Thanks! PM sent.

here are more pics of the 39. Mike, I'm trying to PM you but not having any luck. PM with your email and if you cannot see these photos.IMG_8273.jpgIMG_8275.jpgIMG_8276.jpgIMG_8274.jpg

Typical condition for Coastal Cast iron what wasn't oiled prior to storage. Soaking in white vinegar for awhile might help loosen the (likely) seized little screws.

Ron, Thanks for sending/posting the pics! Looks potentially recoverable. You've should have a couple of emails from me.