Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shop heating and cooling

We downsized a few years ago from 4000sf to 2800 sf. I really want to downsize to 1800sf but with a larger garage.

I have prelim approval from the wife to use the room for wood storage. I am still going to condition the garage, probably a window unit to start, and see how it goes. I may be able to divide the wood storage and have more recently cut wood in the garage and ready to use in the house, and move wood around as needed.

Keeping the material in the conditioned space and having a cooling unit in the work area while you're in there, um...working...should make for more comfortable enjoyment of your woodworking.

We're currently at 4200 sw ft plus my shop building. The real workload is maintaining the large property--not the mowing, but the weeding of the landscape, etc. I'm just not very good getting down on my knees anymore. Honestly, once our younger graduates from Penn State in 2021 and our older daughter "hopefully" becomes more independent and gets her own place in town (she has psychological and minor intellectual disabilities) we really don't "need" such a large home. It will be a really tough choice, however, because we really love this place and have made it our own over the past 20 years. And yea...the shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...